Menus for Autumn term 2021
School meals are available every day and are cooked fresh on the premises by our school cook. All pupils in EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a Universal Infant Free School Meal. You are welcome to provide your child with a packed lunch from home though if you wish. As we are a 'Nut Allergy Friendly School' we would ask that you ensure your child's lunch does not contain any nuts or nut products as we do have pupils in school who could have a severe allergic reaction.
Free School Meals
If you also qualify for any of the benefits listed below, even though your child is automatically entitled to a free meal, it is still important that you apply for free school meals. This will entitle our school to receive pupil premium as additional funding to provide support for pupils.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - Your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
All children who are registered as eligible to receive free school meals due to their level of family income, or who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years, will attract additional funding called Pupil Premium. This additional funding is paid directly to the school to support pupils. Even if you do not wish your child to have a free school meal on a regular basis, or at all, we would still ask that you apply for free school meals as the Pupil Premium will benefit our school.